Job Title: Senior Program Officer
- The Senior Program Officer will assist in the planning, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation of the RISE project.
- S/he will play a crucial coordination role in providing oversight, coordination, monitoring and reporting of all RISE project activities across the four project locations.
- The candidate will support the development of work plans, management of subawardees as well as key advocacy initiatives to Government stakeholders and other relevant partners at all levels for robust project implementation.
- Lead program coordination and monitor implementation at the national level across all four project states
- Coordinate all aspects of program planning, budget and work plan development and provide ongoing monitoring of activity progress against the workplan.
- Ensure that sub grantees implementation is in line with contractual terms of reference, scope, budget and quality parameters and that payments are made based on achieved and reported milestones.
- Work with the DCOP, finance and Admin teams and other staff to improve implementation processes throughout the project.
- Assist the technical teams in the design, implementation, monitoring and assessment of activities cross project locations.
- Develop timely, high-quality and result-based reports, annual work plans, project monitoring tracking matrices, target implementation plan and relevant project narratives and updates as required.
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in Public Health, Sociology, or related Health, Medical, or Social Science discipline; masters-level degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with USAID/PEPFAR programs and strong familiarity with USAID reporting requirements.
- 5+ years’ experience in management, operational and technical expertise with a preference in HIV program implementation.
- Experience in HIV care and treatment and prevention programs
- Familiarity with Nigeria’s health systems and reporting structure and demonstrated ability to collaborate with government level officials to strengthen program implementation
- Demonstrated ability in working and collaborating with a wide range of local and international partner organizations
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining donor relations
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams and willingness to learn and empower others
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Ability to travel frequently to Akwa-Ibom, Cross River, Niger, and Adamawa
- References will be required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Senior Program Officer” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deadline: February 11, 2021
Sign Up for Free Job Alerts!
Enter your email below and be the first to learn about new high paying job vacancies so you can apply early.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.