Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard-earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Assurance Officer (Cement Industry)
Job Ref.: IbesePlantQA001
Location: Ibese, Ogun
Job Type: Full Time
Department: DCP – Operations
- The Quality Assurance Officer performs analyses following specified instructions from the supervisor, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and analytical procedures.
- Reports testing results through the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), other computerized systems, or through standard laboratory paper-based documentation.
- Calculates results and compares them with specification limits.
- Informs supervision immediately if lab results do not meet specifications.
- Performs analyses including instrumental and automated methods utilizing prescribed procedures and techniques.
- Complete all testing including special project/ protocol testing in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Generates valid data, reports results in the appropriate database compared to established specifications while adhering to current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Compares laboratory results with specifications for acceptability.
- Maintains equipment and troubleshoots instrumentation problems, procedural problems, or production/process problems.
- Participates in functions involving teams that impact production, increase efficiency, solve problems, generate cost savings and improve quality.
- Ensures safety, housekeeping, and compliance are maintained. Performs other duties as directed by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Industrial Chemistry, Chemistry or related field with 6 years’ job-related experience required.
- Must be detail-oriented, conscientious, and have high reading comprehension skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computerized systems.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and in a timely fashion.
- Must be able to perform a variety of chemical analysis procedures as required within the work area.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisors and peers.
- Comprehend mathematical concepts such as logarithms, algebraic, conversions, fractions, decimals, and rounding.
- Ability to understand and follow written procedures.
- Must be self-motivated and work with minimal direction.
- Utilize good judgment in making decisions within limitations of recognized standard methods and procedures.
- Must maintain GMP compliance within the assigned laboratory.
- Demonstrate creativity, flexibility, teamwork, and leadership skills.
- Complete all training and written exams.
- Must be able to temporarily work a flexible schedule to meet business needs.
- Knowledge of ISO systems will be an advantage.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply now!
Sign Up for Free Job Alerts!
Enter your email below and be the first to learn about new high paying job vacancies so you can apply early.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.