Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard-earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Logistics Officer (Cement Industry)
Job ref.: IbesePlantLogistics001
Location: Ibese, Ogun
Job type: Full time
Department: DCP – Logistics
- Provide support for the logistics function by managing Dispatch activities (weigh in and weigh out) to ensure all inbound and outbound trucks’ weight is accurately captured and documented, with a focus on time, in order to meet up with customers’ demand.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Check and Cross-check the relevant documents presented by the driver on climbing the scale.
- Ensure proper truck positioning on the scale before commencing the weighing process.
- Inputting the details information from the delivery note submitted into the system, that includes driver name and truck number.
- Unblocking of stock transfer order documents.
- Confirm truck weight while on the scale before saving the transaction.
- Scale in the truck with correct information, capture details, and save the transaction on the system.
- Record the details of the weigh-in transaction into the record book.
- Confirm accurate weight of loaded truck before updating details on the system.
- In case of a truck loaded above / under tolerance limit, inform the supervisor for further action.
- Scale-out the transaction with correct information, update same, save and generate waybill / weighment ticket for empty/loaded trucks using the system.
- Record the details of weighing out into record book of every single transaction.
- Give hourly report update as per the number of trucks weigh-in/out.
- Proper filling of all necessary transactional documents.
- Generate report at a closing hour and submit same to the supervisor.
- Ensure that all weighbridge activities comply with DCP’s Health, Safety, and Environment standards
- Perform any other duties assigned by the weighbridge supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree or it’s equivalent in Transport Management, Purchasing & Supplies or Business Administration
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Sound knowledge of DCP’s product and service offerings.
- Working knowledge of inventory management terminologies, methodologies and approach
- Basic knowledge of system-based inventory management systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and quality
- Willingness to learn, improve and adapt to changing requirements
- Working knowledge of relevant supporting tools and technologies such as MS Excel, Project Management applications, etc.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply now!
Sign Up for Free Job Alerts!
Enter your email below and be the first to learn about new high paying job vacancies so you can apply early.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.