HR Leverage Africa is a professional HR Boutique firm that provides HR Business Solutions, Strategic Management Support Services, Staffing, Outsourcing, Executive Search and Recruitment, HR Advisory, and Expatriate Management services. Their head office is located at ADEBOLA HOUSE, 38 Opebi Road, Suite 100, Via Back CarPark, CubeHub Wing Opebi Bus Stop Ikeja, Opebi 100281, Lagos.
JOB TITLE: Import Officer
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time
- We are recruiting candidates to manage data for international shipments and provide support for many steps of the transportation process.
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for coordinating shipping with customs agents for clearance on overseas deliveries.
- Preparation of PO as per Import Requirement.
- Checking of PFI to be in line with Form M and PO.
- Application of Import Permit, Son Activation, Form M Application, and LC Application and LC Amendment.
- Co-ordination of all Form M activities, Online registration, and monitoring.
- Liaise with supplier on shipment schedules
- Follow up with supplier on copy documents
- Checking of copy docs/ post-shipment docs that are in line with Form M and LC.
- Applying for PAAR and liaise with banks for approvals and follow up on original shipping docs
- Liaise with Shipping Line for Import and Demurrage Invoices.
- Liaise with Agents on Clearance of containers, return of containers, and exchange control docs.
- Preparation of Exchange Control docs for Banks & Demurrage calculation & settlement of Clearing Agent Invoice.
- Checking of all import-related expenses, son, shipping terminal and etc.
- Good Knowledge and understanding of Tariff codes.
- Co-ordination and liaising with NAFDAC for all shipping procedures.
- Monitoring of Shipment from source to final Destination
- Good Knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Reference in Shipping Line and Terminals, SON and NAFDAC will be added advantage.
- Preparation of Proforma Invoice
- Apply NXP online and liaise with Banks for approvals
- Preparation of Pre Shipment and post-shipment docs
- Liaise with shipping lines for freights and Shipping booking, Vessel Schedules
- Follow up with Agent for Gate in of containers
- Filling of Shipping Instructions before SI cutoffs in coordination with supplier
- Checking of Terminal Charges, shipping charges, and Freight invoices.
- Preparation and Submitting of docs as per NEPC.
- Minimum of a first degree in any related field
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant working experience as an import officer in a manufacturing company.
- Good managerial skills.
- Knowledge of import duties
- Must be computer literate
- Must possess high negotiation skills
- Must be highly resourceful and result oriented.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and eligible applicants should send their CV to email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
DEADLINE: 30th of March, 2021.
Sign Up for Free Job Alerts!
Enter your email below and be the first to learn about new high paying job vacancies so you can apply early.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.