Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard-earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Export Logistics Officer (Industry Cement)
Job Ref.: ExportLogistics001
Job Type: Full Time
Department: DCP – Export
- The Export Logistics Officer will be responsible to produce accurate shipping documentation; oversee all aspects of the container shipment (from assisting customers/suppliers with bookings to the containers’ arrival at port).
- Gain knowledge and expertise with each customer’s requirements and implement change to streamline the process.
- Coordinates export activities including reviewing documents received from overseas, tracing incoming shipments with steamship lines, creating arrival notices and making arrangements for customs clearance with a broker, and handling delivery instructions.
- Generate, file, maintain up-to-date customer records, reports, documentation, database, etc.
- Coordinate shipments with importers, truckers, and carriers.
- Prepare billing package, bill file, email/mail to clients.
- Ensure that all documentation meets 100% export regulations (commercial invoices, shipper export declaration, bill of lading).
- Arrange cargo movement to international destinations, making a booking, preparing, and processing documentation.
- Provide price quotations within established guidelines for air and ocean shipments.
- Ability to work in blended operations and customer development role.
- Arrange for pickup and movement of freight to end port.
- Ability to handle International drop-shipments per business standard operations procedure.
- Responsible for packing, weighing, and labeling small sample shipments.
- Manage relationships with transportation providers, vendors, customer service, and others to help resolve shipping issues
- Bachelor’s degree or it’s equivalent in Transport Management, Purchasing & Supplies or Business Administration
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, and legislation relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Sound knowledge of DCP’s product and service offerings.
- Working knowledge of inventory management terminologies, methodologies, and approach
- Basic knowledge of system-based inventory management systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and quality
- Willingness to learn, improve and adapt to changing requirements
- Working knowledge of relevant supporting tools and technologies such as MS Excel, Project Management applications, etc.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply now!
Sign Up for Free Job Alerts!
Enter your email below and be the first to learn about new high paying job vacancies so you can apply early.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.