Moove is a large-scale rideshare leasing and vehicle ownership company that is developing an innovative to improve the availability of vehicles for on-demand ridesharing services across major metro cities whilst creating sustainable jobs for drivers.
JOB TITLE: Engineering Manager
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time
- We are looking for an experienced engineer and architect to join us and lead the buildout of our core platforms, teams, and expansion across Africa. The Engineering Manager position will report to the CTO and will work closely with operations team leads and country leads to implement an architectural roadmap for our applications and help to expand the engineering and product teams.
- You will lead multiple functional teams and manage the design, development, and delivery of technology and applications that totally powers every aspect of the business from driver onboarding and registration to real-time maintenance and analytics.
- Our ideal candidate must have considerable experience building, leading, and managing teams at a mid to large scale. This candidate needs to have knowledge and experience using both Frontend and Backend technologies as well as significant experience building scalable and fault-tolerant backend platforms along with the development of internal and external APIs with major emphases on real-time data. As an experienced engineer, we assume that you have superb knowledge of software architecture, API development, Microservices, and DevOps.
- Work with the CTO, Country Leads, and Operation Team Leads to design and implements frameworks and applications that will support current operations and expansion
- Collaborate closely with the Team Leads, Engineers, UX, Design to turn designs and prototypes into well-crafted experiences that work seamlessly across all browsers and devices
- Provide leadership to engineers across functional pods to help set technical roadmaps and ensure on-time delivery of high-quality products
- Participate in code reviews, learning and spreading technical knowledge throughout all of engineering, data, and otherwise, moving knowledge to documentation where appropriate
- Actively recruit, onboard, and train new engineers at Moove with a focus on building diverse teams
What you will need for the position:
- 4+ years of overall development experience which includes leading and managing functional teams.
- Experience designing and implementing software architecture from start to finish.
- Experience with agile development methodologies with Test Driven Development (TDD) and CD (Continuous Delivery).
- Great Communicator: Ability to work independently on assigned tasks while keeping stakeholders informed of progress, setbacks, and updated timelines.
- Experience working with a startup is a huge plus.
- AWS (EC2/ECS, Lambda, S3, Elasticsearch)
- RESTful APIs & GraphQL
- Django / NodeJS / ReactJS
- Elasticsearch / MongoDB
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and eligible applicants should send their Application to firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Engineering Manager” as the subject of the email.
DEADLINE: 1st of March, 2021.
Sign Up for Free Job Alerts!
Enter your email below and be the first to learn about new high paying job vacancies so you can apply early.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.