Jhpiego is an affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, and they focus on improving healthcare services for women and their families.
JOB TITLE: Data / Program Officer
LOCATION: Ebonyi and Sokoto
Position Reports to State Team Lead
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time
- Jhpiego in collaboration with some of its partners – Save the Children International (SCI), Pact and The Manhoff Group (TMG) will be implementing a USAID funded global cooperative agreement MOMENTUM Country Global Leadership Project (MCGL).
- The program’s goal is to help address some of the major contributors to maternal mortality and morbidity in Nigeria such as violence against women and girls (VAW/G) with a particular focus on intimate partner violence (IPV) and sexual violence, reduction in child early and forced marriage (CEF/M), delayed acceptance of family planning (FP) and access to antenatal services.
- The project will also support the operationalization of existing policies, guidelines, and strategies that aim to mitigate VAW/G and develop new ones where applicable to improve MNCH/FP/RH outcomes.
- The Data/Program Officer will assist in the development, implementation, and management of the monitoring and evaluation requirements of the MCGL Project at the state level.
- The candidate will also support the state team lead to ensure the smooth running of program activities, working with the country office Snr. Program Manager.
- She/he will also work closely with country office MEL Advisor to maintain monitoring frameworks that are accurate, up-to-date, and comprehensive.
- She/he will support the technical staff in conducting program assessments, evaluations, and preparing program reports.
- Lead all Monitoring and Evaluation initiatives and data related activities at the state, LGA and facility levels.
- Support implementation of MCGL programs at the state
- Provide continuous support to local partners to ensure timely data collection and reporting; adherence to standard operating procedures; and implementation of learning agenda as detailed in the MEL plan.
- Conduct routine spot-checks, data quality validation/audit, and provide regular feedbacks to improve the quality of data in all project sites and among the different stakeholders.
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and ongoing revision of a MEL system that adheres to USAID guidance and meets the needs of the program for learning, analysis, and reporting
- Strengthen the use of data at the state, facility, and community level for program monitoring and improvement
- Responsible for data entry into project-specific DHIS2.
- Support the process of building the capacity of staff, local partners, and health care providers in quality data collection, analysis, dissemination, and use.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or another related field.
- 3+ years’ experience in the implementation and management of health Information systems (MNH and GBV programming preferred) and/or program management.
- High-level computer skills in Word Processing, Excel, SPSS, STATA, etc.
- Familiarity with GBV programming, especially IPV, SV, and CEFM.
- Experience with mobile data collection and analysis tools (such as Kobo collect, ODK, REDCAP, Commcare, etc.) is desirable.
- Good data analysis skills, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Excellent report writing, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to train and build the capacity of others
- Competent, hardworking, flexible and dependable in a multi-cultural setting.
- Ability to organize and coordinate information and logistics for programs and activities.
- Ability to write quality report that meets donor standards.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and eligible applicants should send their updated CV to email@example.com using “Position applied for / Location” as the subject of the email.
Deadline: 11th of February, 2021.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sign Up for Free Job Alerts!
Enter your email below and be the first to learn about new high paying job vacancies so you can apply early.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.